GIHS has leased a fleet of 24 air - conditioned vehicles that conform to the regulations and specifications of the Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) and Roads & Transport Authority (RTA). All buses are well-maintained and managed by experienced drivers and supporting staff. All vehicles are routinely monitored for their safety features and the transport department staff members have a strong reporting structure to ensure ease of transport.
Please Note :
Fee once paid will not be refunded.
Fee should be paid before the 10th of every month.
Please select your area and see the stop under that area.
Transport Safety Rules
A set of guidelines has been provided by the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) to be followed. The following rules can be enforced only with the co-operation of parents and the transport department of the school.
Blue Bird Transport Safety Standards and Policies
Rules for getting on the bus safely
- Be at the bus stop on time
- Never run to or from the bus
- Wait at the designated stop, in a safe place
Rules for a safe ride to school
- Take your seat promptly and sit properly, facing forward at all times.
- Hold bags and parcels on your lap. Do not stick your feet into the aisle; you might trip somebody.
- The windows of the bus must be closed at all times.
- The driver needs to concentrate to drive the bus safely. At no time should any of the passengers talk directly to or distract the driver while he is driving the bus.
- Eating, drinking and littering within the bus are not permitted.
- Avoid fighting, shouting or playing in or around the bus. Therefore, if a child misbehaves while in a school bus, the head of School has the authority to discipline the child. In severe cases of misbehavior, a child's transportation privileges can be suspended.
- Always follow the bus driver's instructions
- If willful damage is made to the buses or other co-passengers, it will be the responsibility of the concerned to compensate the damage.
Rules for leaving the bus safely
- In case you need to cross a street, ensure that you cross it in front of the bus. Walk ahead ten giant steps (three meters). Cross only when the driver gives a signal.
- If everyone is getting off the bus, the people in the front leave first. Do not push or shove
Information for Parents concerned about school Bus Safety
- Parents are responsible for ensuring that their children are familiar with school bus safety rules and school transportation policies, even if their children do not use a school bus regularly.
- Parents are responsible for their children until they step on the bus and immediately after they exit the bus.
- The driver shall have the right to return the student to the school if there is nobody waiting for him / her when he / she goes back home. The responsibility of the consequences resulting thereafter shall be assumed by the parents / guardians.
- Students should carry their School Identity Card at all times and should sit in the seat given to them.
- Students are not to touch the emergency equipment on the bus (emergency doors, windows, roof hatches, first aid kits, etc.) except as directed by the driver or during an emergency. Parents will pay for any fine if any damages are caused by the students.
- Students are not to throw objects of any kind either inside the bus, out of the bus or around the bus.
- The driver has the authority to prohibit any loud conversation.
- Students are not to use abusive language or profanity, obscene or rude gestures, or spit while on the bus.
- Students are not to leave the bus without the driver's permission, except on arrival at their assigned stop.
- Parents should come to the bus stop 10 minutes before the arrival of the bus. If the bus does not arrive after 15 minutes, the parents may contact the driver or conductor.
- If any change in residence, parents will have to send an official letter to the school office one month prior.
- School buses will not go to locations other than those identified by the school.
- If the child is absent to school, parents have to inform the class teacher / conductor one day before or pass the information to the school reception or to the class teacher the next day. A leave application must be submitted.
- Only the school principal may deprive any student from the school transport service, if any of the following events take place:
The school principal may deprive any student from the school transport service, if any of the following events take place:
- causes the delay of the trip more than 3 times in one school year, violates any safety rule and endangers the lives of others during the trip
- refuses to board the bus from a stop previously approved by the school principal
- leaves the bus before reaching his / her designated stop without prior permission
- If more than three written complaints are filed against him / her during one school year